12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 11:42 AM by kd36413

Achievements Tool

smevans

Hello,

I am designing a course and using the achievement tool to assign badges for various tasks.  For example, if a student completes the homework assignment and quiz each week they could earn a badge for this. I set the triggers to include Assignment 1, score greater than or equal to 1 and Quiz 1, score greater than or equal to 1.  It seems that students who have not met both of these criteria are still receiving the badge.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? According to the blackboard help documents found here: Create and Manage Achievements | Blackboard Help , it states the students would have to meet all the criteria listed in order to receive the badge (see the example). I tried adjusting the trigger rule to be that as long as the student made an attempt, they would get the badge, but this also did not work.  Is anyone very familiar with the badges and achievement tool? Thanks!

• Re: Achievements Tool
          md0045412

Shelley,

Can you post a screenshot of the rules that you used? Is the primary display for those grades Score?

The students receiving the badges and shouldn't be - their score is below 1?

Mike

md0045412

I thought I saw your problem. You stated that you have the trigger set to score  >= 1. It's set to percentage >= 1.

But if they enter a 0, it shouldn't matter. It should work properly.

Check to make sure that the grade column is set to display primary as percentage. If it's different than the trigger, it may cause an issue.

Also, try the trigger as score instead of percentage. I recall having an issue way back when I tried using percentage.

Mike

kd36413

I have the same sort of achievement, and it works perfectly.  When students complete all the work for the week, they earn their achievement. However, my triggers are they have an attempt for an item, not a score. I also have my total column in the grade center set to non-running so I don't enter 0's for missed work.

save image

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  kd36413

Coincidentally, I had mistakenly set up an achievement in one class wrong this week, using the attempt for the Week 4 quiz instead of the week 3 quiz. I had a number of students email me on Saturday (when I was out of town and away from emal) asking why they hadn't gotten their achievement after comleting all the work; a couple even pointed out the problem, since they viewed the requirements.

Warmed my heart to know they actually use these things!

1 of 1 people found this helpful