mdeeprose

*** Upgrade Club 2017 ***

Discussion created by mdeeprose on Feb 10, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 by mj23593
Branched to a new discussion

The first rule of upgrade club is that everyone talks about upgrade club.

The purpose of this thread is for anyone doing an upgrade this year to check in, state what version/platform they are on now, and to what version they plan to upgrade.  Maybe we can find some useful common ground and exploit some synergies?

Last year's upgrade club thread seemed to be useful and well-received by members of the community.  I started that original thread in a mild panic that we had been given resource to do our local upgrade at short notice and with rather limited time remaining before our upgrade window and was seeking to find colleagues and peers to share tips and experiences.

This year, having learnt a lot from the experience, we have started our upgrade project already back in January. To try to give something back to the community in return for all the help I received, I will be blogging about our upgrade experiences in my blog here: Matt's Upgrade Blog

I plan to include as much useful info that we find as possible and hope that it may prove to be useful to others.  If you would like to join in and blog about your own upgrade I've made a blog tag of upgrade club so tag your post appropriately and all posts should be visible in one place.

So to summarise our upgrade, we are we are planning to in-place upgrade from 9.1 Q4 2015 to 9.1 Q4 2016 in the first weekend of July, hopefully with the latest CU available.  We are running a Linux (Redhat 6) platform, and Oracle 12 database. 

Do you have upgrade plans for this year?

Outcomes